Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

An Announcement

There has been much concern over the safety of children's products in this country, especially those imported from other countries with less stringent product safety laws than the United States. As such, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) was signed into law in August 2008 and goes into effect on February 10, 2009.

Nana Sadie Rose regrets that none of her products as of that date will be suitable for children under the age of 12. I simply cannot afford the cost of testing to ensure that every component is safe, and I won't pass that sort of increase in cost - in the thousands of dollars - along to my customers.

I'm truly sorry if this upsets my customers. I encourage you to write to your congressional representatives to implore them to rewrite this badly conceived law. We do want to protect our children. We don't want to wipe out American home-based craft businesses, especially in this time of economic crisis.

Thank you!
Nana Sadie Rose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home